A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Iced Tea Weather

Freshly brewed iced tea is the best, and with a slice of lemon, it is delicious. And as the mercury rises, my thirst for this delectable beverage increases dramatically. Lipton makes a "cold brew" tea bag which sufficiently satisfies my hankering, but I think the freshly brewed can't be beat! While touring around South Africa, Botswana and Zambia, where the temperatures hover between 85-95 degrees most days, one would think they would have this drink everywhere, as this is a no brainer (especially how hot it is there and most places serve hot teas and coffees to boot!) Why no iced tea I kept wondering? As the trip progressed, I asked all dining establishments for freshly brewed iced tea and not one restaurant/deli/B&B had it! The best they could do came out of a can...a disappointment, but thankfully, not insurmountable when I decided to switch to a cold Savannah instead!

BSoleille! The bright side of a large glass of unsweetened iced tea (with lemon!)

Terri

No comments: