A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Farewell Downton Abbey...

Wow, what a television show that tearfully (for me, at least) ended a few moments ago. Both sides of the pond became captivated with this major historical British drama series following the effervescent Crawley family and their servants in the family's Georgian house. I found the character development compelling, but thoroughly enjoyed the painstakingly attention to detail on the costumes (especially Lady Mary), the elegant table settings, the architecture and art, and all things that made it such an awesome series. Six seasons does not seem enough, but all good things must come to an end, and that end was tonight (in the USA); but I am not ready for it to end! I believe I will watch this particular series starting from the first episode very soon. If you have never tuned in, I highly recommend it and will find it on your local PBS station.

BSoleielle! The bright side of one of the best series on television taking their final bow tonight, but the characters will stay in our hearts forever!

Terri
Image result for downton abbey

No comments: