A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

No Foolin' Poison Ivy

While running and walking the dog, I could not help notice all the "colorful" poison ivy hanging around just about everywhere. I cannot say it's "pretty", but it does have a pleasant yellow hue nowadays. It will still wreak havoc on your body with its oil (urushoil), but I learned today that the plant I try to rid of in my backyard all summer long, is actually a plant that feeds wildlife in many parts of the world. Many deer and songbirds eat the seeds of the flowers, hence the many plants growing along fences! I am not a fan, but glad to know it does provide a service to something, and I love the melodies of songbirds!

BSoleille!
Terri


No comments: