A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Monday, October 26, 2015

A New "Toy"

About two weeks ago, after much research on sergers (a heavy duty type machine that makes a finished edge on a garment or seam), I finally purchased one. And just like when I got my Handi-Quilter Long Arm machine, initially I just "visited" it, and looked at it, of course wanted to try it, but really became terrified of turning it on and quilting with it (knowing full well it was the best thing for me to get along my quilting journey). But I slowly got the hang of it and now it is plain easy. I hope the same goes for this new piece of equipment. Funny thing too, when it first arrived I sat the box on the table. Two days later I opened up the box and set it up, looking at it and organizing all the doodads that comes with the machine. But I never turned it on until today. I pretty much sewed all day with it, making mistakes, taking out the mistakes and learning how to operate this new toy much to my delight!

BSoleille! The bright side of a new learning curve!
Terri


No comments: