A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Dog Makes the Game

You have probably seen a Border Collie get into a crouch position, and "walk" deliberately to herd cattle, kids or sheep, so while refereeing a U18 Girls game this morning, the cutest black and white Border Collie "chased" the game ball around the entire perimeter of the fence including the players. The crowd of parents cheered when the ball was kicked over the fence and this dog gracefully darted toward it to "retrieve" it, albeit with two punctured marks on a couple of balls. I finally started asking players if this dog belonged to one of them, and sure enough, it belonged to the away team's forward (this dog was also eyeing her and following her every move on the field). I never saw anything like it, and unfortunately, did not take a photo of him either. I am not sure if the parents from both teams cheered more for this cute dog than they did for their daughters (though no player seemed to mind!)

BSoleille!
Terri

Photo of Lucy Loo near a fence (close as I could get to something like I saw this morning). 


No comments: