A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Sunday, April 14, 2013

To South Dakota

My photo today looks like garbage but its not! It's fabric and notions and other crafty items that will be on its way to a new home on a Sioux Reservation in Pine Ridge, South Dakota this week. Georgetown Pediatric Art Therapist Tracy Councill befriended Arlette Loudhawk, a Sioux Indian several years ago through the arts.

Recently, Arlette contacted Tracy regarding the donation of several sewing machines to the Reservation, but did not have any means to obtain fabric and other sewing supplies. Tracy reached out to me, and I, in turn, reached out to some very generous guild members and abracadabra, the much desired sewing supplies are on their way. I was thrilled to part with duplicate sewing items to Arlette and her band of crafters!

BSoleille!
Terri

No comments: