A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Bad Dogs

I have posted on my mutts on several occasions and they are great dogs, except for today. They took off running when they realized the gate was open (storm from last night swung it open). It was their first let out of the day around 7:45am. I did not realize they took off until 15 minutes later when I checked to see if they wanted back in. My next thought was I cannot chase them and hoped they would find their way home eventually. Hubby drove around the block but came up empty handed - no sight of them.

The last time they ran off was a few years ago. Luckily, they stay together when they are lost. Today was no different and I'm thankful my neighbor one street over called me to say they were safe and sound in her backyard. Those buggers! Once I got over there with their leashes they were so excited to see me! I wish I knew what was going through their minds.

BSoleille! The bright side of two lost dogs found.

Terri

Photo of "innocent" Lucy Loo. Notice her scarf is left over scrap from yesterday's blog post backing fabric of the dog quilt.




1 comment:

Quilting Nan said...

My Remy Dog doesn't have a running partner, so the few times our gate has been left open she sits on the front porch waiting for someone to notice her. Thankful your two girls didn't go far!