A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Monday, April 29, 2013

New Friend from Nigeria

My blogpost today was an easy one after meeting nursing student, Stella Omo,  at one of the local high schools early this morning.  Not only did we take care of students, and I tried to "show her the ropes" of what my role is in the health room, we had a great indepth conversation on her move to the United States nine years ago from Nigeria (for love and marriage).  She feels it is a lot harder to live and work here, something that surprised her when she first arrived considering so many people around the world think the US streets are "paved with gold"!

But the best thing gleaned from our conversation was that she thanks God for her "exposure" to different cultures, and everyone tries to work together here (in her opinion).  I felt an instant connection to her, and I wish her the best as she persues her studies in nursing and raising her two young children.

BSoleille!  The bright side of "making new friends", but keeping the old, one is silver and the other's gold....

Terri

No comments: