A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Some Pretty Awesome Quilts

My quilt guilds' program tonight included the trunk show of Linda Reuschlein, an avid quilter for nearly 50 years from LaVale, Maryland. The best and most intriguing quilts were the five pictorial ones she did for each grandchild. They were simply amazing and so rich in color and detail. Every block had a story to it that she just made up while working on them. She also mentioned that these particular quilts took about two years each to complete and that's working diligently most days. Wow wow! And she had a wicked sense of humor to boot.

BSoleille! The bright side of a wonderful slice of a quilters life in a trunk show!

Terri

Photo of Linda and one of her "story" quilts.







2 comments:

Carrie said...

Hi Terri,
WOW these are fantabulous! Did you take any more pictures? If so, please share them!

I'm so sorry I missed this!

Carrie

Terri Tomoff said...

Yes, I took a lot more. They were simply awesome! When we all looked up it was 9:00pm and we "wondered" where the time went; I think we were all so fascinated by her stuff!