A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Tuesday, May 25, 2021

The Focused Fight Zoom Chat with the Just Tryan It Foundation

A few weeks ago I was interviewed by Maureen Coburn, executive director of the wonderful foundation Just Tryan It. JTI is a kids triathlon fundraiser that helps families in financial need. My family and I have been involved with the foundation over the last 10 years as volunteers at their super fun/family friendly races. https://justtryanit.com/

Maureen and I had a lively conversation on my recently published memoir, The Focused Fight. It was a delightful zoom call that I was able to share further about the story of advocacy and resilience and what it took to fight through the ferocious fight of our lives. It's 30 minutes long if you decide to watch it (I hope you do). 

The interview flew by like a New York minute! If interested, you can tune into the candid chat at: https://youtu.be/By8nRstyuTw

I cannot thank JTI enough, as well as Maureen, in spreading our message of families fighting through courageous battles like Ryan's and Co. 

The photo below was at the Germantown, Maryland Top Golf kick off fundraiser for JTI on May 16, 2021. 

BSoleille!

Terri

Ryan, me, Olivia, Bill and Linda Misencik




No comments: