A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Thursday, May 6, 2021

Publicity for The Focused Fight

When you self-publish a book, guess who has to do the publicity? If you guessed the author, you are correct! It's super helpful for folks to share the book on social media, but then what? A review on Amazon is helpful and is one of the best compliments you can do for any author. I am thrilled and very thankful for those who took their time to write beautiful reviews on the Amazon platform, and it's never too late to write one and post—for me or anyone of your favorite authors!

This has been an exciting week for me with PR work. I am a newbie at all of this, but slugging through the nuances every day. Yesterday, I did an hour long Twitter Chat with #indieAuthorChat host, Tim Lewis, of London, England and https://stonehampress.com/  (spreading the love over the pond). It was exhilarating but I felt like I was in the middle of the three ring circus answering questions and remembering to include the hashtag with each answer I gave. It was a little hard to keep up with some of the extra questions posed by those on the chat as well as the host's questions. I did my best. The hour flew by at lightning speed. I let out a big cleansing breath at the top of the hour when we were all done. My fingers never flew so fast over my keyboard! Ha! I was thrilled to be a part of Tim Lewis' Indie Author Chat (his chats are every Wednesday at 3:00pm EST).

I met Tim Lewis through a woman named Clarice Lin who my husband Bill met on LinkedIn several years ago. Bill liked Clarice's posts so much that they started chatting via social media. When we traveled to London two years ago, we met up with Clarice for breakfast and had a delightful time with her. She actually gave some sound business advice to "The Best Daughter" that was invaluable. Fast forward to a month ago, and Clarice reached out to me on whether I'd like to meet her friend, Tim, who does frequent Twitter Chats for Independent Authors and thought I would be a good fit for his program. I was! 

Today, I did a recorded Zoom chat with the Executive Director, Maureen Coburn, with the Just Tryan It  foundation that will be aired in a few weeks. https://justtryanit.com/ 

This is all new and exciting! However, my ultimate goal or hope is to reach that one person or one family, or one community by reading The Focused Fight. We can all do small things with great love to help others—Mother Teresa

BSoleille!

Terri



No comments: