A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Friday, May 21, 2021

MONSTER Traeger Grill

As a prolific quilter I am in love with all things fabric plus the tools that go along with my avocation. Of course I have several sewing machines, but I simply love scissors and hot irons. I typically have a fleet of irons that I use for different purposes. So when my son decided to purchase a bigger and “better” Traeger grill to add to his fleet of outdoor cooking ware (he does most of the family’s cooking of late rain or shine), I was all in on his decision. I know that feeling of providing the best tools for the task at hand. He does too!

To me his new grill is a monster grill (I don’t have monster iron but my long arm sewing machine could be considered one). It’s much larger than the entry level grill he bought himself a few years ago. There is nothing wrong with the original grill, but he wants to spread out the grilling space needed to cook a meat/fish dish plus a decent size side. Apparently, this bigger grill can do just that. He saved up for a year to purchase it and deliberated for quite some time to finally pull the trigger and buy it. It was on order for a few weeks and was able to pick it up this week. He is just as delighted with his new purchase as I am with a new iron. They both get hot and make our jobs a lot easier to accomplish, mine with fabric, his with food. We are kindred spirits like that. 

One of the most delicious things he smokes are cheeses. They are a fan favorite. However, his smoked macaroni and cheese is out of this world. It’s rich, creamy and smokey and he adds the right punch and combination of spices that truly makes it mouth-watering (are you getting hungry and have a hankering of mac-n-cheese now?). The whole neighborhood knows when he is grilling something delectable as the intense smells plus wafting scents rise from his grills and flat top to noses near and far. He’s actually become a somewhat of a master griller. He got that way with trial and error, of course, and not only are his smoked cheeses spectacular, his grilled/smoked chicken are the bomb! 

I am thrilled he is in the ‘business’ of manufacturing sunshine in the form of appetizing food for his waiting customers - his family. Sometimes we could be considered guinea pigs for trying a new dish he’s working on, but once he’s perfected it, we have a front row seat at the table of divine scrumptiousness!

BSoleille!
Terri

 

No comments: