A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Saturday, May 15, 2021

Cicadas Brood X

The East Coast ground is bursting with the 17 year Cicadas, and of course, bursting through my weeds, er grass, in the backyard with great delight. They are inching they way out of the ground and into the trees to mate and proliferate for another 17 years. They are the most defenseless creatures on Earth. Birds and snakes are on a feeding frenzy. 

Apparently, they are as tasty as shrimp sautéed in butter, but we have no takers in my household for this supposed delicacy. Maybe next time in 2038! 

BSoleille!

Terri






No comments: