A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Thursday, December 31, 2020

Oh What A Year!

I am not a negative person, but even though this past year was a tough one, there were glimmers of hope (people still got married) and fun (at home with games and puzzles and reading) and learning new skills (zoom anyone?) In my home we called everything we needed to do that was "new" the CPP or the Covid Pandemic Pivot. I think we were all pivoting on many fronts (remember no paper towels or TP in the grocery stores, shut down cities and mask making?) But I also think we learned a lot about ourselves, and more likely, our housemates! We had to take the good, bad and ugly and that's just making dinner or breakfast jockeying for space around the kitchen.

However, I'm not going to sugarcoat the losses either, and the many who lost loved ones this year, from Covid-19 or not. My mom succumbed in July, from Covid, but had dementia for many years—Covid through her over the threshold I'm afraid and was the case for many.

I certainly hope we all have a better 2021 from a lot of perspectives. No one ever said life was easy, that's for certain! 

Please enjoy a safe holiday tonight, and I'll catch you all next year! 

PS I wasn't sure about posting my "Seasons of Love" end of year lyrics, but I couldn't resist:


Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes
Five hundred twenty five thousand moments so dear
Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes
How do you measure? Measure a year?
In daylights,
In sunsets,
In midnights,
In cups of coffee,
In inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife
In five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes
How do you measure a year in a life?
How about love?
How about love?
How about love?
Measure in love...
Seasons of love...
Seasons of love...
Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes
Five hundred twenty five thousand journeys to plan
Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes
How do you measure a life of a woman or a man?
In truths that she learned
Or in times that she cried
In bridges he burned
Or the way that she died
Its time now to sing out though
The story never ends
Let's celebrate remember a year in a life
Of friends
Remember the love...
(Oh you gotta remember the love)
Remember the love...
(Oh yeah, its a gift from up above)
Remember the love...
(Sing out, give out, measure your life
In looooooove...!)
Seasons of love...

Happy New Year!

Terri
I'm a sucker for a sunset: Photo - South Africa February 2015



No comments: