A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Tuesday, December 31, 2019

What Makes Up Your Year? Five Hundred Twenty Five Thousand Six Hundred Minutes...

I am going to wrap up 2019 with my yearly "Seasons of Love" lyrics (a wee bit of the song) that truly give meaning on what makes up a year. What makes up your year? I think mine is somewhat like the lyrics, except the coffee (I am a teetotaler). Is it in sunsets? Cups of coffee? Games of soccer? Going to doctor appointments? In making quilts? In travel? In quiet times?

Or is it as the song says?

In daylights, in sunsets
In midnights, in cups of coffee
In inches, in miles
In laughter, in strife

In five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes
How do you measure a year in the life

How about love?
Measure of love...

Seasons of love!

Thank you all who read my blogposts in 2019, even if it was just one post. I am grateful for each day and tried my best in "all" 365 days. Though I did not post every day, I am always thinking and living and finding what brings value to my life and those around me. I am very interested in what the next decade will bring me, my family, our community, our nation, our world.

I think we all need to fasten the seatbelt and hang on for a ride!

BSoleille! The bright side of saluting all the days of 2019; the good and the not so good...

Terri

The below photo of the family was taken 364 days ago...when 2019 brand new on 1/1...and the years keep rollin' by. (Harry Chapin)







No comments: