A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Saturday, December 28, 2019

High School Hockey - Rocky River Pirates!

A Christmas hockey tournament began in Kent, Ohio, while visiting during the Christmas holiday. I am thankful to have seen my nephew, Zach Pejeau, play the game with great skill along with the rest of his Pirate teammates (Rocky River High School). The game I/we went to was very exciting with lots of goals scored by both teams that ended in a 5-5 tie.

As much as I love the NHL and the Washington Capitals, and the fast paced play every second of most games, there is something pure and irresistible with high school boys who are "just as" intense, and skilled, and give everything they've got out on that ice to hopefully win for their school (plus mom/dads/siblings/aunties and girlfriends!). It seems most high school athletics are that way, and I hope it continues for a very long time in the most authentic way.

BSoleille! The bright side of Rocky River Pirate Hockey! Arrgh!!

Terri

Below is the start of the game with Zach wearing the #14 sweater.



Zach #14


No comments: