A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Saturday, November 17, 2018

Parent Warriors

The Special Love Parent Getaway Weekend is comprised totally of parent warriors. Some are bereaved, some have children on active treatment, and some have "graduated" out of treatment protocols and they, and their children, are doing well today. Our day was eventful with a speaker (Julia Jones), an activity with Julia as well, meals, pampering, yoga, messages and dancing (disco night). Oh,  yes, and talking to the parents no matter where their children are on their journeys. 

We consider ourselves "family" and are bound by this "club" that no one would want to gain entry into it by far. And yet, we are all fiercely dedicated to each child and their individual battles and pray and hope only for the best for each family as they journey down a path very few can ever relate to. That’s why the camps, and this parent weekend, are so powerful to carry on when we leave the cocoon of the Special Love Family. 

I’m thankful to be on the planning committee with the families I met over 20 years ago. We are all advocates for our children, and all children battling the good fight of childhood cancer. I am/we are forever grateful for this unbelievable organization!

BSoleille! The bright side of sharing and caring...

Terri

Photos: bags made by Sharon Johnsen; Sharon and Lee; Bill and me; the dining hall and Shari Fisher and Julia Jones. 




No comments: