A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

A Presidential Right To Vote

What a political day! I am ready for this whole election to be OVER, as most of the country does too. Tomorrow morning, a new POTUS! I did my civic duty to cast my vote, with the thoughts of those hundreds of suffragettes "back in the day" poking and prodding the "system" for the right for women to cast their ballot. So I will be forever thankful to those brave women, and our country that celebrates and encourages all woman to vote (and run for office) in any election. Unfortunately, this is not the case in many countries around the world, and that is pretty sad to say the least.

So as the world hinges itself on this night of results, it will be all over very soon. And whoever wins, it will certainly be an interesting ride as the coming days and months unfold.

BSoleille!
Terri

Photos of Laura Murphy and I hanging out in Annapolis, Maryland, on a beautiful fall day, and wearing my "I voted" sticker proudly on my sweater!







No comments: