A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Monday, June 17, 2013

The "Nature" of Squirrels?

My photos today captured a very sleepy squirrel that I watched on the fence post for a good 20 minutes "resting" or watching something, like the leaves on the trees or grass growing, because for the life of me, I could not figure out what this crazy squirrel was doing for all that time.  For several minutes he did not move a lick, then swished his tail a little, then no movement like he was sleeping.  I just stood at the window with my camera waiting to see what the rascal would ultimately "do".  The answer is: not much.  The oddity was his positioning and the fact he hung out on that fence for as long as he did.  Additionally, I never saw a bird or anything else in the air to garner his undivided attention, and my dogs were sleeping peacefully right behind me as I kept watch with my camera at the window.  I guess it was just a slice of nature and I was able to catch a moment in this squirrels' day.

BSoleille!
terri





No comments: