A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Friday, June 28, 2013

Children of Eden 2013

Tonight I had the delight in going to the Christian Community Presbyterian Church in Bowie, Maryland, for their production of "Children of Eden"!  I was blown away by the score and the voices that made this a summer 'hit' for me.  If you are local, they have two remaining shows this weekend; one on Saturday at 7pm and the last one on Sunday at 2pm.  It's a small community theater production with a big heart and big voices that will leave you uplifted for the year!

Playwright Steven Schwartz says in the playbill: "More than any of my shows, this one has the themes I return to over and over: personal responsibility, rebellion, intellectual independence, and overcoming family dysfunction."

The two acts cover The Story of Adam and Eve and The Story of Noah (as in ark and the animals)!  It was really a terrific show!  I knew a few cast members and that was the icing on the cake.

BSoleille!  The bright side of a live theater production!

Terri

Photo from the FB page advertising the show.


No comments: