A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Last Day in New York

Two days ago at the Boston vs. Yankee game we saw a grand slam by Boston. Tonight we got to witness another grand slam by the Yankees who won 7-4 over the Cleveland Indians. It was another outstanding evening even though there were heavy rains in Manhattan and the Bronx prior to game time. The fanfare, team loyalty and tradition are something to see from a pure baseball stance and the whole experience was very enjoyable. 

As this grad trip was for my son Ryan, I am thankful that we were able to stay and visit with the McCarthy family on Long Island during this trip. I met Mary Jean when we were 17 years old running with the Easy Striders Summer Track Team and have remained dear friends, albeit long distance, for almost 35 years! She and her husband Bob and their four children were the consummate hosts in welcoming us to New York. 

BSoleille!
Terri

Photos of me and Mary Jean and the Indians vs. Yankees. 


No comments: