A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Monday, December 17, 2012

Do You Know What a Package Wrangler Is?

Neither did I until Sharon Johnsen and I arrived to volunteer at the Montgomery Mall in Bethesda, Maryland, to wrap gifts for NIH Charities. Special Love is one of the beneficiaries of this holiday program and we were both thrilled to dig right in and wrap, wrap and wrap for about three and a half hours straight.

We were told by the ultimate package wrapper,Therese, that Sharon would be mostly wrapping presents and I would be, not only wrapping when I caught a break, but "wrangling" customers by assessing their gifts and what boxes would fit their treasures, lining those said boxes with tissue paper (I love tissue paper), collecting the donations by check, credit or cash and writing out tickets and post it notes for each gift! I felt like a three ring circus. One present took me 30 minutes to wrap because I kept getting interrupted with new customers and gifts to assess. Lol!

Really, it was great fun and it was neat to see what people buy for their loved ones.
And, helping such a great cause.

BSoleille! The bright side of a "perfectly" wrapped present!

Terri

Photo of me and Sharon at the start of our shift.



No comments: