A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

A "Bear" Night

A safe "race" back to Maryland from Ohio last night was just the ticket considering all the inclement weather facing many locales (even snow in Texas!).  As we all quickly unpacked the car, played and petted the dogs and let the house "heat" up a bit, we were all a little more tired than usual and hit the hay within an hour knowing we could all sleep in and let the rain and sleet hit against the windowpanes all night and day.  I think we all slept like bears because we put in an 12 hours of straight sleep (I did happen to let the dogs out two times though) and never felt better after all that rest.  And, of course, I was sleeping on those "17 hour" flannel sheets I love so much....

Watching movies after a great meal of salmon, squash and salad rounded out this cold grey and rainy day.  I'm thankful for the warmth of a kitchen of filled with the aroma of lemon pepper seasoning on the salmon!

BSoleille,
terri

Photo of our meal tonight



No comments: