A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Saturday, December 9, 2017

First Snow of the "Winter"

Winter doesn't officially start for another 10 days or so, but you would not think that by the looks of the white out today...especially on the soccer field (grass, not turf). It certainly gave way to some very sloppy play, but it was fun (according to the teams playing). I am thankful that I was the center referee on the first game since I ran plenty and felt warm through two 45 minute halves. But, by the second game, and as an AR (Assistant Referee), the cold wet feet and heavier snow really got me, and everyone else quite chilled. I even threw on an extra down coat under my jersey and that still did not help too much.

While trying to keep warm, I started to think about how a hard cold rain is tough to gut out in outdoor activities, but so are freezing temperatures and 2-3"of snow scattered about a soccer field. I had to "rethink"my stance of loving the outdoors and "opting outside" over sipping hot tea and quilting/sewing in the comfort of a "warm" home than being out in the elements today!

BSoleille!
Terri

After the first game with Mark Jennings, one of my Assignors!

Cold and icy feet!

No comments: