A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Saturday, December 10, 2016

The Badge

If you happen to be a soccer or "futbol" fan, there are 43 pages of Law Changes that began July 1, 2016. This is one of the largest law changes in many years. So due to all the changes, the referee exam included two exams instead of the typical one this year to continue refereeing the "beautiful game". The first exam was only on the new laws, and, of course, the second one, was the "normal" one we have to take each year to obtain our badge for the following year. And in addition to taking the on-line exams, each referee has to sit through a 5 hour re-certification class which I completed this morning. And based on my photos, not many women out there running up and down the fields with a referee jersey on and blowing a whistle! There were only about five ladies out of about 130 people in the class. Wow on that statistic!

BSoleille! The bright side of "earning" my 2017 USSF badge (check out the new look too!)

Terri

No comments: