A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Friday, December 16, 2016

75 Years Already?

A piece of fruit goes bad after a few days sitting on the counter, and we either eat it (if deemed healthy enough to eat) or toss it, right? No question about that. So for the past 30 years we have lived with non-working casters on our dining room serving cart, something that should have been tossed years ago, but didn't. However, today I finally deemed them too inept to keep and tossed them in the trash. Those 75 year old ones were bent and scratched the floors something fierce, but we continued to live with them, because let's face it, it never entered the mind to replace them no matter how many times we got to the big box hardware store in the last three decades. I had to make it a point on my "list of things to do" to hit the radar, and I am so thankful I did. The funny thing is, I can't believe it took that long, and the new ones are a "dream" to navigate the cart without any damage to the hardwood floors. You could "dance" with this cart now, and the casters even come with brakes... all for 12 bucks!

BSoleille!
Terri
 

No comments: