A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Gentler Times

Is it a sign of "getting older" when everyone seems to be driving too fast, or people are just rude, or is it the signs of the times in 2016? Everyday I try to figure that out and can only control my very teenie tiny piece of the big bad world. So I propose gentler driving, and not cutting in lines. Patience practicing at its finest. I think we all have the potential for being gentler, and maybe we need  a little more of that as a society, especially during these days of Christmas festivities.

So here is the question I used on Thanksgiving Day, going around the table of 12 for everyone to answer as best they could, and maybe use the same question at an upcoming dinner: "What's the best thing someone has done for you in the past week? And what is the best thing you had done for you during the past year? Hopefully, the answers will lean toward "gentler times!"

BSoleille!
Terri

Photo of the last vestiges of leaves leaving their trees!

No comments: