A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Saturday, December 17, 2016

Straddling Seasons

According to Siri, "Old Man Winter" officially begins December 21st, this Wednesday. It ends, March 19th, 2017....Fasten the seat belt if living in a region that gets a "wintry mix", which, according to my friend, Hp, is a euphemism for "really sucky weather"! And so begins the dance of inches...snow, and it's companion....ice. I am really not a fan, and do not ski, so those numbers mean nothing to me except terrible driving conditions around the Washington/Baltimore Beltways. Many regions across the country have been digging out of lots of snowy conditions, and accidents (some fatal, sadly) abounds. But for a moment today, I stopped to take a few photos of the icy branches bestowed on by "Old Man Winter", just a little early in the calendar, though trying to hang onto fall as long as possible. I think we all have to wave the proverbial white flag, and let it snow, let it snow, let it snow; as the holiday song goes, whether we like it or not.

BSoleille!
Terri






No comments: