A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Shelter

So what do you think of when you hear the word "shelter"? As we know, food, shelter and water are the three things every human "needs", but for my quilt guild, the Southern Comforters, "shelter" was the one and only word that became our 2016 guild challenge. As one would think, a house, or even a dog house, or an umbrella are some things that come to mind, but what about a shell, as in a crab shell? Or a cave? These were what our members thought and executed with their quilted items. I thought it was very interesting to see how various members interpreted the word "shelter", and I'd like to share some photos of the items made and the winners of his challenge. A big thank you to Evelyn Kirby who ran with her idea and made us think!

BSoleille! The bright side of...shelter.

Terri

Photos of the quilt participants and the winners: 1st place, Margy Hill (umbrella/ants); 2nd place, Trish Rader (fox in a den); 3rd place, Janet McCabe (historic home with a shutter).

My "shelter" was a silhouette of an umbrella and chairs against a setting sun...








No comments: