A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Saturday, November 12, 2016

55 - Double Nickel Tour Begins with the Richmond Half Marathon

With a grateful heart from lots of good wishes on my birthday today, I am humbled beyond words. The stellar day began with running the Richmond half marathon (13.1) with "The Best Daughter" and great friend, Linda Misencik. We ran that course that traveled though the streets of downtown Richmond and beyond in 1:56 (under 9 min./mile). It was cool, but the sun was shining and the spirits were high for all participants and the crowds cheering us on! Once we got to the mile 11 marker, we had to bear down and get to the finish line with laser focus...quickly, so we could just be done already! The challenge was great, but the best feeling is crossing the finish line, no lie.

Our "Richmond Tribe" consisted of one out-lier in Ryan Collier, who ran the full marathon (26.2) and ran a PR of 3:29! I loved how excited he was in crossing the finish line beating the clock of 3:30 with fists pumping high is the air!

Once we gathered after the race, our fearless hostess, Laura Ritenour, suggested brunch at the Patrick Henry Inn just a mile outside of the downtown area. ("Give me liberty, or give me death"!  is his famous quote as he led the opposition to the Stamp Act of 1765).  However, the building we ate in only dated back to 1850, but it was awesome just the same.

After a good meal had by all and it was time to head back home. Pizza and a game of Quiddler with my guys rounded out this super day! I am thankful and blessed beyond measure!

And lastly, you maybe thinking what is a "double nickel tour"? Well, my friend, Wendy Allen, mentioned it to me a few years ago when she turned 55, and suggested to do something fun each month in your 55th year (or is it 56th year?). This half marathon is definitely the kick-off, and was definitely "fun", so in my eyes it qualifies for the first leg of the "tour."

BSoleille! The bright side of turning one year older...55 is the new 35!
Terri










No comments: