A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

The Power of One...

And that "one" is the Maryland state flower, the Black Eyed Susan. For years we had a large bed full of Black Eyed Susans until those Leland Cypresses grew like Giants and blocked out any sunshine to those wonderful flowers/beds. 

In May, I posted about the removal of 15 trees from the backyard, 11 of them those big tall cypresses. That cleared a path of more sunlight into that bed. Viola' I bet you can guess what happened. One BES popped up and I couldn't be more thankful for those dormant blooms that got their chance once again. Maybe I'll have even more next year. The future is bright with possibility; even for one more flower...and I'm counting on it!

BSoleille!
Terri


No comments: