A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

A Quilter's Time Frame

Actually it is more like a "quilter's time warp" with how we go about finishing some projects. My 10 year Anniversary Quilt from my "old bee, the Piecemakers", was started in 2010 with the swapping of flowered pinwheels. I just "sat" on the project for a few years before putting the blocks and quilt together at a quilt retreat. I was then undecided on how I wanted to do the borders, so that was another year in the making and thinking about moving forward with an idea.  I then needed to quilt it and, yikes, made a big mistake that took another six months of deliberating how to fix that (I did and wondered why I waited so long).  Whew, I finally worked it all out and finished the entire quilt this afternoon, 5 1/2 years after we swapped the blocks. It seemed like yesterday. That's quilters time for you!

BSoleille! The bright side of quilters patience in completing projects. 

Terri


No comments: