A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Monday, December 31, 2012

525, 600 Minutes of 2012!

I was wondering what direction or really how to "end" this year's challenge I took on exactly one year ago today.  But the idea found me when we were listening to Pandora's musical hits this afternoon and the "Seasons of Love" song came on from the musical "Rent", and I knew-that's it!  Here are the words (albeit condensed just a little):

"525, 600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear.  525, 600 minutes - how do you measure a year?  In daylights? in sunsets? in midnights? in cups of coffee (for me tea)?  In inches? in miles? in laughter? in strife?  In 525, 600 minutes - how do you measure a year in the life?  How about Love?  Measure in Love - Seasons of love!"

"525, 600 minutes, 525,000 journeys to plan.  How can you measure the life of a woman or man?"

"In truths that she learned, Or in times he cried.  In bridges he burned, Or the way that she died....."

"It's time now to sing out, the story never ends, let's celebrate and remember a year in the life of friends"

"Seasons of love"

This song just hit the jackpot with all the moments I felt this past year, and I'm so very thankful I took on the challenge (Thanks, Don!).  And it's in the moments, both big and small, that life happens. It's all the minutes, hours, days, weeks and months strung together to get to this very moment of 365 posts.  Everyday I felt more alive and aware knowing that I would take one moment from the day to be thankful for, and then post to this blog by day's end.  In there lies the power of each moment of a day...

I also want to give a big shout of thanks to everyone who followed along, sometimes everyday, to my blog posts!  Many of you have given me encouragement and positive feedback throughout this year and that continued to fuel my need to live each day to my potential!  For that, I humbly thank you for those kind words.  Remember, the power of each of our lives lies in those moments!

Tomorrow I will do my "full" recap of the year.  I have not gone back to read any posts, so it will be interesting for me to go back and take a look and see what I wrote and how far I've come in the "blog world"?  This blog is certainly not over, just not daily for awhile, but I intend to keep posting. (Who knows, I may miss it so much I'll go back to daily?!)

And lastly, BSoleille, is a "French word" that means: to be happy or to be sunny (Soleille); I threw the "B" which should be spelled "Be" in front; but I liked BSoleille best as my end line.

My last photo of the year is just one, my incredible family - Bill, Olivia and Ryan.  They kept me "whole" on all fronts this entire year.  They are the love and light of my life and I'm so very thankful for them each day!  I am glad we are on this wild journey called life together!

Terri