A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Is For Kids!

Just like the one line in a favorite holiday carol, "The Christmas Song": 'to kids from 1-92', everyone in my family fits into that category and therefore we are all kids!  So at Thanksgiving when the nephews came up with the idea to pick names and swap gifts at Christmas in the $10 range, we were all on board to participate, and tonight, enjoy the gifts and reveal all the secret santas!

My secret santa was my 12 year old nephew Dylan, and he selected all on his own (according to his mother/my sister) a wonderfully scented candle that I'll defintely use.  I was secret santa to my other 12 year old nephew Justin, and I got him a nerf football that got thrown around my sister's house the rest of the day.  She was a little nervous of the "breakables" around the house, but I did see it being tossed around anyways.

Thankfully, the secret santa idea was a successful one and everyone was excited to see their gifts!

BSoleille, the bright side of fun gift-giving!
terri


Photos of all the 'kids' and my sisters/mother.

No comments: