A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Friday, December 7, 2012

Stella Walsh Documentary in Process

Stella Walsh was a Cleveland, Ohio, treasure, and was one of my track coaches as a teenager as a member of the Polish Falcons of America Summer Track and Field Program.  In 1977 I ran in the Polish Olympics in Krakow', Poland, and Stella coached me all the way through those games.  I was 15 at the time and won two gold medals in the 100M and 400M dashes!  Sadly, Stella was brutally murdered in December of 1980, in a Cleveland shopping center;  I was a freshman in college at that time.

I have been in contact with a gentleman who is writing and filming a documentary on Stella's life.  I will be interviewed on my Christmas trip to Cleveland in a couple weeks, and feel honored that I will be a part of wonderful endeavor by Rob Lucas.  Today he sent me some photos he uncovered that are just precious.  My photo today is of Stella and me walking in Krakow', Poland.

"Throughout her life, Walasiewicz set over one-hundred national and world records, including fifty-one Polish records, eighteen world records, and 8 European records. Her European record for one-hundred yards remains unbeaten as of 2006, although races measured in yards are rare today."  Info from Wikipedia

BSoleille!  The bright side of remembering a wonderful Cleveland icon- Stella Walsh!

terri

No comments: