A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year 2013!

Hello!  I hope everyone had a happy new year celebration and will have a great, prosperous and healthy new year in 2013!

As promised, I would like to take this opportunity to "recap" the blog over the last year.  I focused on the photos I took each day, but then will add a few more tidbits!  Wow, what a year for sure....

But before I begin, a "behind the scenes" look at the fact I almost forgot to write on three occasions; I was already in bed, reading or playing with Word with Friends when I would realize (sometimes at 11:45 or 11:50pm that I needed to post!).  On one occasion I was already asleep, but woke up in a sweat thinking I missed that 12:00 midnight deadline!  I've also blogged frantically in the car (NOT driving) and trying to post before midnight when my phone was acting up or I could not get a decent signal for wi-fi!

On a few occasions I know I blogged past midnight, but I started before it;  no matter, it posts when you push "publish"!   Most of the posts in Janurary and February were done on the computer, but after I got my iPhone, I began posting from the phone since it made it so easy to do so, especially after taking decent photos etc.  I think my best photos are from my SLR camera, although you probably cannot tell the difference really.

Also, no one "guest blogged", but my husband certainly gave me a few ideas over the past year.  Some days were easier than others by viture of what was going on or what I was doing.  I also did only a few posts in advance, but that was early on, because the "gist" of this year was to live each day and write about a moment to be thankful.  I think going over the past year was good because so much happened that we tend to forget; ie., the Olympics!  No one is thinking about the Games today, but it was just a few months ago we were all glued to the TV watching our favorite athletes in our favorite sports!

So here is goes from the photo aspect:
Family- 70; Quilting (including fabric, people I quilt with, quilt show, quilts etc.)- 65; Nature - 50; Friends - 52; Dogs (mine and others)-23; Fitness/Soccer (biking/running/JMU Woman's soccer) - 15; Olympics - 11; Food - 10; Technology - 8; Tributes - 4; Weddings - 2.

One post did not have a photo and I don't remember why.  My Pac-man post was funny, and I did reach my goal this year and finally broke the 100,000 mark with a 102, 960 game!!!

I had two posts that had the same photos (oops!), the white daffodil and orange butterfly on a pink daisy; also had five photos from my wedding 25 years ago.

Lastly, a few "once-in-a-lifetime" photos:  Meeting King Peggy; Capitol Hill for the Mattie Miracle Symposium; the 56' yacht ride around the Chesapeake Bay; the Stella Walsh Documentary in process; and the visit to Barry Dixon's estate at Elway Hall in Warrenton, Virginia.

This blog is certainly NOT over, I will post,  but not daily for awhile.  I promise though, if I feel that I'm missing it, I will start up again.  This was certainly an exercise of diligence and commitment to my original goal.  So check back if you wish, and I hope you had some take-aways this year.  If I could leave one take away now is to "live in the moment and cherish each day"!  That is my wish for you!

BSoleille!
terri





No comments: