A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Monday, October 1, 2012

Autumn Colors Creeping Across the Country

This weekend on our drive west to Ohio, I could not help seeing and drinking in all the beautiful arrays of colors of the trees and brush along the highways and the PA turnpike. Maryland is still quite green with a slight color change (mostly yellows) about 100 miles west of Annapolis.

Once into Pennsylvania the colors were getting more "yellowed" plus orange and then the deep reds bursted out on the scene which were brilliant looking against a clear blue sky! The colors in Ohio were spectacular as well with peak times just around the corner.

I am thankful for the "leaf show" since it slightly took my mind off the dozens of 18 wheel trucks weaving all over the roads. And for interstate and turnpike driving experience, I encouraged my son Ryan to take the reins for spell, but he got tired of it after 1.5 hours. Who can blame him?

Photo of Ryan and the ride going west!

BSoleille! The bright side of autumn leaves!
Terri

No comments: