A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Monday, June 25, 2012

Bridget Franek at the USA Track&Field Olympic Trials

Today my thoughts and silent prayers went out to the US Track&Field Olympic Trials held at Hayward Field in Eugene, Oregon and Bridget Franek's prelim in the 3000M Women's Steeplechase. Her race went off a little after 8pm EST and I am here to report that she won her heat, and thankfully qualified for the final on Friday with a time of 9:44!  Her preparation, dedication and commitment to be the best in her event is incredible and I am so proud of her as she reached the final!  Whoooohooo Go Bridget!!!

Photos today: 7 year old Bridget running on Kelley's Island, OH -1995 and today at the US Olympic Track&Field Trials in Oregon (she is in the lead in green sports top) (photo from internet)



BSoleille! Finding a bright spot at TrackTown USA
terri

2 comments:

LauraM said...

Great photos, Ter!

BridgetF said...

WHAT is THIS?!! I don't know how i feel about that picture now in cyberspace! ;P Pretty good form for a seven year old, though......if I do say so myself!