A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Also in Sandusky Ohio Over Weekend

As I noted in my blog last weekend, I was able to visit Kelleys Island
in Ohio and spend an incredibly precious weekend visiting
with family and college friends. The weather was spectacular and the
company I was with was even better...these times happen too
infrequently.

On the drive home that evening, we learned that Chris Smith, who was on the island all day, (and cheering on all the runners in the 5k and 10k races) had passed away in a single auto accident Sunday evening after having left Kelleys Island.

Chris had been at the afternoon get together at his brother Scot's (and Jodie's) house lighting up the place with big bear hugs and fun teasing banter.

So this past week was very difficult for Chris's family and the service was
held yesterday in Sandusky OH. I am blessed and thankful that I could
attend the services for Chris. He was an incredible man who touched
the lives of literally thousands of people. The out pouring of love and
support was so touching to witness; that the take away was to live passionately like Chris did.

The world has lost a wonderful man, dad, coach, son, husband, friend.

http://www.sanduskyregister.com/sandusky/obituary/chris-p-smith-nov-19-1965-june-10-2012

Terri




Sent from my iPhone

No comments: