A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Quilter-Teacher-Author Heather Kojan

Due to all the excitement with "The Best Daughter" (recently engaged) and travels to Ohio, I haven't sewn or quilted in several days. Sew...it was good to get back to brass tax and attend the guild meeting tonight where we had a guest speaker and trunk show with quilter, Heather Kojan.

Heather has been quilting for over 30 years, and has perfected her style of quilting by making modern quilts; and with that, became the founder of the Baltimore Modern Quilt Guild in 2010. Her trunk show began with her modest beginner quilts (we all have to start somewhere!); to the beautiful quilts she makes today. Many of her quilts are in various publications and she teaches her methods all over the country (and at guilds and retreats).

A class on curved piecing is tomorrow at our meeting place, and I plan on taking it (on a whim I might add) and learn a new technique, or two, or at least I hope to! I had to race back home from the meeting to select fabrics from my stash to be ready (no worries, my stash of fabric did not disappoint for the selections I needed to make!).

BSoleille!

Terri

Below: Heather, and "quilt holders and folders" Misty Cole and Janet Freitag.


Heather Kojan and her modern quilts! 

No comments: