A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Sunday, June 17, 2018

JUST TRYAN IT

JUSTTRYANIT (a non-profit) is a kids triathlon held in four locations throughout the country and based in Washington, D.C. Today's event was held at the Landon School in Bethesda, MD, and I'm grateful to have been a volunteer in the transition area for this great kid (ages 7-15) triathlon,  cheering (and helping with clothing/helmets) on close to 500 young people having fun swimming, biking and running! All funds earned and raised by the kids go to helping children and families fighting pediatric cancers by providing financial assistance in many areas. JUSTTRYANIT.COM

I must admit, this event runs like a well-oiled machine with its great leadership, organization and volunteers committed to making sure all the kids have fun...even the kids with training wheels, bicycles that were too big or too small, and even a few that lost their chains while on the course. They all came back to the transition area with smiles on their faces! I'd say that was a huge success!

BSoleille!
Terri







No comments: