A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Sunday, May 27, 2018

Memorial Weekend 2018

Sun, humidity, lightning and rolling thunderstorms were just as fast and furious as the soccer playing at The Columbia Soccer Tournament in Columbia, Maryland. However, due to the big late afternoon storms rustling through the area (rescue crews were sent in not far from the fields in Elliott City), our later games were cut short or not played at all. 

However, I’m thankful for the chance to referee with my buddy Julie Whittington, where we are assigned to do 16 games before the "end" of the weekend, but we shall see. 

Here’s hoping a good kickoff to the summer, despite all the crazy weather in a lot of areas across the land. It’s got to get better with blue skies and sunny days ahead, I’m convinced it’s in our future(s). 

BSoleille!

Terri

Today’s crew: Nick, Julie, me and Tom


No comments: