A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Bicycles - The Balance of Life

I recently made a T-shirt quilt for a customer, and while we discussed her quilt and the T-shirts she brought me to use (all different with no theme that I could detect), she requested that I use bicycle fabric for the borders. Sounds innocent enough, right? But let's go deeper, and check out once again that there are shirts from all parts of her life; including two pancreatic cancer shirts; an Oriole shirt, a Brittany Spaniel shirt and a couple beach shirts from North Carolina. A few others rounded out the number I need to make a "rectangle" quilt, and a smaller "throw" quilt at that.

But when my customer repeated that she would like bicycles, I must have given her a "quizzical" look, and then, the ah ha moment materialized; bicycles bring balance to her life! I about cried at that moment, and said, "yes", I truly get the symbolism. It really blew me away, and wanted to share this little moment of humanity with you because I thought it was awesome!

BSoleille! The bright side of: bicycles...the balance of life.

Terri


No comments: