A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Sunday, May 13, 2018

Happy Mother’s Day 2018

Cheers to all the Mom’s out in the world who mother everyone else and keep the world spinning and in check. And as celebrations take place in homes and restaurants, please stop and reflect on how wonderful our families and friends we nurture on a daily basis truly are. Blessed is a great word to use on a special day for all of us!

So as some moms would like to be pampered (and why not?!), I will be "slugging" it out in the Bronx with 75% of my family (missing "the best daughter"), and 80% of the McCarthy family (missing Robert) by cheering on the Yankees!

Yesterday’s game went to 11 innings with an exciting finish of a walk off single for a hometown win, so I wonder what’s in store for game 2 for this weekend baseball trip?

Well, the rain delay didn’t damper our spirits, but did damper the time spent in the Big Apple. We made the decision to not wait out the delay and drive home instead, but still had an incredible time with visiting our good friends; the McCarthys, a large part of it walking around the stadium and taking in the tradition of baseball, New York style.

BSoleille! The bright side of Mother’s Day!
My photos encompass today, the Yankees win yesterday and my mom and sisters Kimberly/Annette taken today in Cleveland, Ohio.

Bridget, MaryJean, Ryan, Ellen, Katherine, me, Bill and Bob
Bill and I with Ryan who "planned" the whole trip...and the games
MaryJean buying Ryan "bacon on a stick" or, more aptly, "slab of pork on a pole" MJM
Capturing the walk of single for the win in the 11th inning over Oakland A's

 
Mom Sophie and Kimberly

Mom and Annette


No comments: