A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Thursday, April 13, 2017

Full Circle with Sandy

Fifteen plus years ago, the Crofton, Maryland, community rallied around my son, Ryan, with his ongoing medical issues as he fought Childhood Cancer. Two friends, Sandy Waskiewicz. and Diane Lombardo thought of and executed the printing of thousands Christmas cards their daughters (10 years old at the time) created, and then sold them around town to help support Ryan's cause for a couple of years. Every cent was donated to a fund that was set up for him and the mounting expenses back in the day. It was so very kind of them to help a family they knew and cared about and we could not be more thankful for their and our community's generosity for many following years.

Recently, Sandy was diagnosed with cancer and Diane and I have designs to help her when we can. Of course, not with cards, but our time and friendship and visits to her Virginia home/Georgetown Hospital when she feels well enough for visitors. Today was one of those days for a good visit;     bringing her lunch, distracting her with various stories and playing with her two year old puppy dog, Lucy. Love and laughter can go a long way in facing medical battles, and I am thankful we were able to help Sandy in some "small" way.

BSoleille!
Terri

Photo of me, Sandy and Diane....and Lucy!

No comments: