A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Monday, April 10, 2017

A Quilt for Margy

As most of you know, I love to make quilts, and thankfully, have turned that love into creating memories in the form of tshirt quilts - needleonfull! Over the last several years, I have worked on sport quilts, drama/plays quilts, running quilts, rock concert quilts, high school and college graduation quilts, and everything in between. I have also done many memory quilts for people whose family members have died, carefully crafting and honoring the person who passed on. It is very humbling to create these wonderful tributes to those individuals. My latest tshirt quilt, finished today, is for Margy Jost. Margy retired as a "playlady" (Child Life) for hospitalized children (pediatric hem/onc) in Northern VA hospitals. I asked her if I could share her message to me upon the completion of her quilt and she answered in the affirmative. This special quilt was made to honor the many people so very near and dear to Margy's heart:

"Childhood cancer is horrendous & sobering. No one knows that better than you do! My job as PlayLady, a name a 9 year old gave me, was to make those long outpatient days full. Full for what each child felt like doing. Often, we could have a half dozen activities going on at once. With Growing Hope, we did activities away from the clinic with the whole family, like the Circus, Kings Dominion. Kids that could not go because it did not work for the time in treatment, GH paid for the family to do something else. Each of these shirts represents an individual child, my friend, Limber, a 45 year old Oncology Nurse who died from Cancer 2 years ago and my parents. I will always treasure it because in the bigger picture, it represents so many children who fought so hard, suffered so much. They all meant so much to me. Each one has a story, I carry in my heart. I keep in touch with many. Thank you, Terri, so much."
"OH, TERRI, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!"
BSoleille! The bright side of making someone happy!
Terri




1 comment:

retstoy said...

It is beautiful as always. What a great tribute to a wonderful lady,