A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

World Series 2016

I've posted that if you follow MLB, October is all about pitching. Lots of teams were "hot" getting to the series, but the last two standing are the Cleveland Indians and Chicago Cubs! As I was born and raised in Cleveland, Ohio, and a mere three miles to the "old" stadium (as the crow flies), my heart is with  Cleveland for the big trophy and a series win! It helps they are the underdogs, and I am thankful for that!

But it is really cool that the Chicago Cubs are the other team, and they even have a longer dry spell of 108 years in not winning a series. I guess 68 years is "nothing", at least according to the announcers and all the Cubs fans out there! So as the games play out, I'll be cheering on the Tribe in the next week and a half of games. "Old fashion" baseball at it's best!

BSoleille!
Terri

Image result for 2016 world seriesImage result for 2016 world series

No comments: