A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Giving Back to Sinai Hospital

Typically, November is the month of "Thanks" and "Giving". But for the Southern Comforters of Bowie, MD, every month is a way to "give thanks and give back". As I have mentioned in several previous blog posts, my guild has made, quilted and donated hundreds (maybe close to 2,000 over the last 16 years) of quilts to every newly diagnosed child with cancer at Georgetown. It is something we are very proud of, and the kids and parents (plus the staff) are in awe of varied and beautiful quilts bestowed on these brave warriors. With prayers and good wishes stitched into each lovingly made quilt, we want the kids to know they are loved, even by "perfect strangers", who only wish for positive outcomes through their arduous treatments. Our members take our community outreach program seriously, and it shows in each and every quilt donated.

Today, I would like to announce, with the blessing of my guild, that we have branched out to another hospital: Sinai Hospital of Baltimore, Maryland. My son Ryan and I took two huge bags filled with beautiful quilts for the staff to select a "perfect match" to give to each new pediatric hem/onc patient. The doctors and staff are thrilled to have the new partnership, and I am too! We are spreading the love...one stitch and one quilt at a time!

BSoleille, The bright side of giving back in any month of the year!

Terri

Photo of Danielle Eichner, Art Therapist, and Ryan



No comments: