A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Quilt Artist Diane Rusin Doran

Our guild's featured speaker tonight was Diane Rusin Doran. She is an excellent free motion quilter using "just" her domestic machine (not a long arm). Her swirls, feathers, flowers, plus the "three black dresses" of machine quilting: echo, pebbles (or bubbles) and stippling are spectacular. And even though I have put in the 10,000 hours of quilting, I still learned a few tricks of the trade. What sets Diane's work a part, is her attention to detail, and the finite stitches she weaves throughout her quilts. I am not sure I can sew that ti-nee tiny, but I think I will try it soon. Thankfully, I have "micro" handles for my long arm, as I will try that first. And for giggles and grins, will try to use my domestic machine to try my hand at those very tiny motifs too. I am looking forward to the challenge! 

For more info: www.dianedoran.com


BSoleille,
Terri

Here are a few photos I took of Diane's small stitches to showcase her precision used in her quilts!

No comments: