A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Angels Landing-Zion National Park

A bucket item I never knew I had until today, but now thankful to check that box, was the "iconic" hike to Angels Landing in Zion National Park. It's a doozy for sure, and hubby Bill was ready to throw in the towel the last .5 mile to the summit! But we all persevered due to our cheerleader and fearless leader, "The Best Daughter", who set this whole trip on doing this "one" hike! We could not disappoint her now could we?

Onward ho!

All the laughing and joking stopped because we needed to catch our breaths and concentrate with each step up the steep climb (not so with the daughter)! And thank goodness for the chains to help steady and balance on all that rock with drop offs of 400-500 meters on each side! Whew! But what a view we had once we reached the summit; another gratefully stellar day. 

BSoleille! The bright side of a tick off the old bucket list! Ha!

Terri







No comments: